Saturday, December 15, 2007

'Tis The Season!

I experienced a FIRST last week. While Christmas shopping for my grandson at Toys-r-Us, I presented my choices to the sales clerk at the register. She rang up my sale until hitting a snag with my last item. The computer did not have it listed. The higher-up clerk’s computer did not have the toy listed in her computer either. When the higher/higher –up clerk could not find it listed, he resolved the dilemma by pronouncing …”You can‘t buy this! It is not listed in our computer, so we can’t sell it to you.” Regardless of the fact that the item was clearly set out on the store shelf and displayed in a way to make it appealing to customers…NO SALE was the decision handed down. The whole point of being Toys-r-Us is to SELL STUFF! The story ends happily for Ryan. I dragged the whole display to the cash register so the clerk could find a similar toy to ring up. The computer was happy! The higher/higher-up clerk was happy. I just hope Ryan is happy with his gift! Happy Shopping, everyone!

4 comments:

Kristin said...

Way to persist, mom! Can't wait to see Ryan open all his presents. See you Friday night!

jenny said...

Mom you are hilarious! I can totally see you doing this.

ww said...

Yes!! Now, that's a dedicated Nana! I'm sure Ryan will love it -we'll make him.

jenny said...

You need to blog from your new computer!