Sunday, August 31, 2008
Monday, August 11, 2008
Sunday, June 22, 2008
Thursday, June 12, 2008
Sunday, May 25, 2008
Naval officer in WWII - Served on a gasoline tanker (i.e. floating bomb!) criss-crossing the Atlantic
Unable to serve an LDS mission because he was drafted into the Army in 1942. Served in the Philippines until 1945.
Served as an Army infantry officer in WWII. He later served, and was wounded in the Korean War.
Mom's Uncle Don
He served in the Korean War. Don flew over 50 bombing missions in his fighter plane.
Dad's Uncle Max
He rose to the rank of Lt. Commander in the Navy and served in South America and Japan.
I hope our family will always remember the courage and sacrifice of these good men, and all of our family members who have served our country in the past. I hope we will appreciate and respect those who are serving our country today. Please live your life so that your actions and your conduct reflect honorably upon our family and those who have served so well.
"Long may our land be bright with freedom's holy light.
Protect us by thy might, Great God, our king!"
Monday, April 14, 2008
Where I was Ten Years Ago:
- Singing "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" multiple times each day
- Probably reciting "Dear Darla" because I had nothing better to do
- Starting my illustrious career as a student at Teddy Bear Junction Preschool
- Eatin' reese's (not much has changed)
5 Things on my To-Do List Today:
- Get up and go to seminary
- Come home and take a nap
- Go to school
- (See to-do #2)
- Do homework and go to bed
If I Became a Billionaire I Would:
- Buy a jet and take the Willies to Rekjavik, Iceland
- Pay tithing and a GENEROUS fast offering
- Buy my way into Augusta National Golf Course (site of Master's)
- Buy my mom "Zelda/Mario Kart" lessons from Sister Albrecht
- Somehow get the four Willardson boys into a round of golf with Tiger Woods
Three Bad Habits:
- Skipping school (apparently a "family event" doesn't cut it for Nazi Attendance Lady; Jenny knows what I'm talking about)
- Deleting Mom's HGTV programs when I want to watch ESPN
Five Places I've Lived (or wish I did):
Something Most People Don't Know About Me:
I can't take pills if my life depended on it. In my lifetime, I've managed to get ONE pill down; all the others have gotten stuck in my throat. I just can't seem to do it! If anyone can help me, please, your help will be greatly appreciated.